Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Shades of Green


It’s midday and I’m sitting on my deck watching the sunlight dance through the trees. The light illuminates some branches, brightening their color, while others are blocked out, resulting in a deeper shade of green.

The bright green is electric. It glows with life and it’s warmth I can almost feel. The shadowed deep green is a bit dull on first glance. But it is mature. It waits patiently for its glorious exposure knowing its time will come.

I feel a bit like that dull green. I have been waiting for the favor of the sun. A job. A wife. Every man has his share of glory and shadow in this life. And like with the trees, both are necessary for growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts. I will try to respond to them.