Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Garfield, Faulkner, Baseball


I just wanted to make everyone aware of Garfield Minus Garfield.

From the website: "Who would have guessed that when you remove Garfield from the Garfield comic strips, the result is an even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern life? Friends, meet Jon Arbuckle. Let’s laugh and learn with him on a journey deep into the tortured mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness in a quiet American suburb."

Check it out here.

In other news, I'm starting to get some writing done on my thesis. The plan is to have a rough draft by the end of April. I've also been reading The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner. The Dark Sea of Darkness inspired me to be more of a reader. I'll post a short review of the book when I'm done with it.

Also, MLB 2008 is officially underway! This also means that Fantasy Baseball 2008 is underway. My draft was this past Saturday. Here is my team:

C- Joe Mauer
1B- Carlos Pena
2B- Howie Kendrick
3B- Ryan Braun
SS- Michael Young
OF- Nick Markakis
OF- Alex Rios
OF- Matt Kemp
Bench- Jeremy Hermida, Orlando Cabrera, Edwin Encarnacion, Josh Hamilton

SP- Johan Santana
SP- Erik Bedard
SP- Felix Hernandez
SP- Jered Weaver
RP- Matt Capps
RP- Jokim Soria
RP- Brian Wilson

A special thanks to Allyson and Amy for being my draft helpers.

1 comment:

  1. Garfield minus Garfield equals crap!

    We want Garfield!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts. I will try to respond to them.