Monday, April 4, 2011

Stir-Fry


A few days ago I was at Central Market and noticed some snow peas for sale. Crisp, fresh, green snow peas. So today after work I decided to grab some and make a stir-fry. I also bought some top sirloin, broccoli, and mushrooms to complete the dish. Here is the recipe:

-1/2 lb top sirloin, sliced thin and perpendicular to the grain
-a handful of snow peas
-a handful of cut up broccoli
-4 cremini mushrooms
-1/8 cup (approx) of teriyaki
-1 tbsp honey
-salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
-1/6 cup (approx) vegetable oil

Marinate the beef in the teriyaki/honey mixture for 20-30 min. Heat oil in pan to med/high. Sear beef for a couple min. Remove beef and juices from pan. Add a little more oil and add the vegetables. Cook for 6-8 min on medium. Then add beef and juices back in. Add a little more teriyaki if you need to. Commence eating.

Really, this dish is about just using fresh, quality ingredients. High quality top sirloin makes it extra nice.

I popped the top on this bottle of 2007 Steel Creek Pinot Noir that my brother gave me a few years ago. It was one of the better pinots I've had. And went pretty dang well with the stir-fry.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're blogging again. I also made a stir fry that involved snow peas today (pork, shitake mushrooms, red pepper, sweet onion, and snow peas in coconut curry sauce). I've been using bulgur instead of rice recently, and I've really liked it. My beverage was a Duquesne Pilsner; I'm not refined enough to have wine on hand =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm. So you're a chef, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts. I will try to respond to them.