Tuesday, June 24, 2008

State College: Not Such A Bad Place

It's starting to sink in that I'm leaving here soon. I have spent a large part of the past two years making fun of State College, yankees, and the north in general. But, I have to admit there are some things I'll truly miss here. I'll miss the serene winter nights when the moonlight is both soaked up and amplified by the snow covered earth. I'll miss the ridge of mountains that explode into view driving only a mile east of downtown. I'll miss the flashing yellow streetlights at 2am.

I'll miss E-Free. Especially all the great people I made music with there. I have never felt so appreciated as I have at this church.

I'll miss my best friends here: Chris, Jeremy, Scott, Tim, and Pete (among others).

I'll miss the E-Free softball team. As terrible as we are, we had fun losing together.

Places around town I'll miss: Otto's Pub, The State Theater (though I didn't go there as much as I would have liked), Herwig's, Faccia Luna, Pete's house, Jeremy, Chris, JJ, and Alex's apartment (specifically the den with the XBOX 360 and Halo 3).

God has been good to me here. Big suprise.

1 comment:

  1. leaving a place you've made home for 2 years is going to be difficult...but here's to all the memories yet to be made back in the ATL!!!! CHYEA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts. I will try to respond to them.